Random Farms is currently seeking to hire the following positions:
Photography / Videography Student Intern
PHOTOGRAPHY / VIDEOGRAPHY STUDENT INTERN
Seeking an unpaid student intern to work with their in-house lead photographer and videographer shooting children’s musical theater productions throughout Westchester. This is an excellent opportunity to receive hands-on training in a supportive and friendly environment.
The internship program runs Nov 1 – Dec 9. Interns need to be available to meet 2-3 times/wk via Zoom and/or in-person. Commitment is 10-20 hrs/wk total.
Interns will also need to be able to provide their own transportation. While video equipment is provided, interns will need their own smartphone and camera (details below)
Random Farms values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, BIPOC, LGBT individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.
Start Date: November 1, 2022
Schedule: The internship program runs November 1 – December 9. Interns need to be available to meet 2-3 times/wk via Zoom and/or in-person. Commitment is 10-20 hrs/wk total.
Travel: Interns will need to be able to provide their own transportation.
- Age 16 or older
- Enrolled (within 6 months) in school
- Suggested equipment: full frame mirrorless camera such as Nikon Z 7 ii, Sony a7 ii, Canon EOS R6 or better; fast zoom lenses
- Have own transportation
- Have a working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud on a Mac platform (Adobe Premiere Pro, Lightroom, and Photoshop)
- Work well both independently and with others
- Have the ability to synthesize feedback
- Fast decision making and quick on feet
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist lead photographer / videographer with setup and breakdown of equipment
- Learn live professional candid, stage performance, and event photography
- Maintain and organize video equipment
- Assist on photo and video shoots
- Learn post production processes in photo and video editing
- In-depth training in digital photography and on mirrorless cameras
- In-depth training in composition, color theory, and lighting
- In-depth training editing photos in Lightroom
- In-depth training editing videos in Adobe Premier
- Real-time practice making snap decisions during live shoots
Please send a resume in PDF format and link to your portfolio (or include samples of your work) to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Internship Application” in the subject line. Those selected will need to provide a letter from their school verifying enrollment. School credit may be available, depending on the school – please indicate if that is something you are looking for.